WHY PEPTIDE THERAPY?
Most of us as we go through life get injured at some point. As we age recovery from these injuries becomes more difficult, so we find ourselves sidelined and unable to participate in the activities we love whether it be running, biking, dancing, etc. because our injuries are slow to heal. Why is this? Because as we age there is a steady decline in growth hormone (GH), which aides our recovery. GH and other hormones help are bodies repair. If you have a chronic health problem, an injury that won’t heal, or just want to perform better. Peptides may help. Schedule a consultation today 943-2101.
WHAT IS PEPTIDE THERAPY?
Most of hormones and other key chemicals in our bodies are peptides. Peptides are chains of amino acids linked together. They are similar to proteins except generally much smaller. Peptides are primarily signaling molecules. Some of the functions of peptides include signaling and messaging, hormonal function, etc. Many of the new drugs like Ozempic are man-made peptides that duplicate the function of naturally occurring peptides. Peptides to receptors on the cell surface where they deliver their instructions to the cell. Peptide’s actions are quite specific which limits their activity to the task at hand. Peptides are generally very safe and well-tolerated. Peptides can help us control how our bodies respond to exercise and diet. There are over 380 FDA-approved peptide medications and many more in development. These are very promising medications as they generally have low side effect profiles due to their very specific behavior.
As we age, the production of these peptides decreases. Which is why we see our body’s ability to perform and repair decrease as we age
Most peptide medications are given by subcutaneous injection. Some are available as transdermal creams, nasal sprays, and oral tablets.
BENEFITS OF PEPTIDE THERAPY:
- Can increases the development of lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
- Can improve workouts, stamina, and recovery
- Can promote your body’s natural ability to process fat
- Can reduce body fat through lipolysis
- Can increase levels of energy, strength, and endurance
- Can increase and help maintain muscle mass and definition
- Can accelerate healing from wounds or surgery
- Can strengthen the immune system
- Can improve regulation of other hormones
- Can increase natural HGH (growth hormone) and IGF-1 production
- Can boost healthy levels of growth hormone
- Can increase libido and sexual arousal in both men and women
- Can increase levels of concentration and memory retention
KEY PEPTIDES THAT CAN ASSIST YOU:
Thymosin Beta 4
Thymosin Beta 4 promotes blood vessels, muscle cells, and skin cell regeneration and migration. Thymosin Beta 4 improves wound repair. Thymosin beta is a thymus gland peptide which in adults not very active.
Mechano Growth Factor (MGF) is a very potent inducer of muscle growth. It attracts stem cells to the injured area. causes muscle cells in trauma. It is able to protect cardiomyocytes after a heart attack. It is helpful in the repair, and growth of new cells. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24908137/
IGF-1 is a performance enhancement peptide for muscle building.
Hair & Skin
Growth Hormone Optimization
Immune System Support
Thymosin Beta 4
**Individual results vary. Best results promoted by a healthy lifestyle! These peptides are not approved or regulated by the FDA. Some of them have GRAS (Generally regarded as Safe) status with the FDA.