- LDA (Low Dose Antigens)
- Advantages of LDA
- Disadvantages of LDA
Our primary allergy treatment is LDA, which stands for low-dose antigens. LDA can be used as a seasonal allergy treatment or for year-round allergies.
LDA can also address food allergies and autoimmune issues caused by a leaky gut. This treatment works by introducing a very tiny dose of antigens (the things you’re allergic to) into your body, which then carries the antigens deep into the immune system, which decides whether they’re friends or foes. This treatment tells your immune system to ignore the allergens given in the injection. LDA treatments are administered with a tiny injection into the skin of the forearm about once every two to three months. If allergies are intermittent, then the treatment can also be given intermittently without losing any potency because there’s no buildup with LDA. You’re at maintenance dose with your first treatment. However, the treatments do get progressively more effective over time. Unlike regular allergy treatments which require you to start over if go for a period of time without treatment. LDA shots can be spaced months or years apart.
Advantages of LDA
- No skin testing required
- Ability to treat inhalants, foods, and chemical sensitivity
- Rapid onset of action (sometimes overnight)
- Wide spectrum of coverage (LDA treats all allergens found on the North American continent.)
- Treatment can be intermittent without losing effectiveness
Disadvantages of LDA
- Must avoid major exposure to allergens for 48 hours after the injection
- Need to avoid many medications and a number of nutritional supplements for three weeks after the injection
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to determine whether either of these forms of allergy treatment will work for you and your family.
Each LDA treatment costs $250. An LDA treatment may consist of several LDA treatments such as inhalants, foods, bacteria, and chemicals depending on your condition. However, the cost is $250 whether one or four serums are used.
More information about LDA
List of LDA Physicians
Call our office to schedule your free consultation.